Spain Golden Visa
The Spanish Golden Visa program offers international real estate investors a flexible route to gaining residency in Spain, plus visa-free travel around the European Schengen area. To be eligible, you are required to make an investment of €500,000 in property.
HomeEspaña will help you find the right property investment, and will guide you through the full process of application for your visa, working alongside our specialist solicitors.
Contact us now, and we’ll help you find the property to suit your individual requirements.
Golden Visa Explained
The Spanish Golden Visa – Further Information
Thanks to a law passed in 2013, and its revision in 2015, overseas investors can now take advantage of the Spanish “Golden-Visa” program, and by investing in Spain obtain an investor visa and eventually permanent residency, together with the benefits this has to move around the Schengen area without asking for specific visas per countries.
To apply, an investor needs to make a significant investment of capital in the acquisition of property in Spain with a minimum of €500,000 per applicant (non-financed).
The real estate investment can be split across multiple properties, whether you decide to live in Spain or not – meaning holders of a Spanish golden visa can invest from afar, or they can enjoy their own home in Spain, and also earn rental income from a second property.
The VISA granted gives the following rights to the holder:
- Allows the holder to work and take part in economic activities.
- No requirement to reside in Spain, tax residency or minimum stay requirements. The holder only needs visit Spain to renew the VISA only (and to enjoy the property purchased we hope!)
- The VISA is extensible to spouse, children under 18 and economically dependent parents of the applicant.
- Gives the right to move around the Schengen area, not needing specific VISAs for each country visited. This is initially limited to a maximum of 90 days per every 6 months period.
The VISA is granted with the following expiry dates:
- Initially, a 6 months preliminary VISA can be granted during the purchase process, and once the property has been selected and a private reservation contract signed.
- Once the purchase is completed (after notary deeds), a temporary one-year VISA can be granted.
- Golden VISA is initially granted for a 2-year period.
- Renewable for successive periods of 5-years once conditions are continuously fulfilled.
- With the correct processing and advice, Golden visa can be converted into a permanent residency permit with time.
How does HomeEspaña help?
HomeEspaña sell luxury real estate across the Costa Blanca, Murcia and Valencia. We advise our clients on:
Which property investment? – We will search and advise you on the process using our knowledge of areas, developments and properties.
Application process – We collaborate with specialist solicitors during the full process of application for your Spanish Golden VISA, as you obtain a Spanish fiscal number, open a bank account in Spain, transfer funds and more. Everything you are going to need to complete the purchase process and comply with all needs to apply for the VISA.
After sales services – We will provide an ongoing service for you, or help you to find trusted suppliers for the services you require.
HomeEspaña – the name you can trust for luxury real estate in Spain. Contact us now to discuss your requirements.